Hi guys and Happy New Year!
We've been busy so this post was delayed but now I found some time to write this down. These 3 weeks I made mostly props.
For cargo scene I modelled highpoly cargo container. Then, as always, I baked out it to lowpoly. I don't bake down AO in Xnormal. Instead I used nDo2 to make AO, cavity and diffuse maps combined in one diffuse map. I also made specular map and use custom diffuse layers with desaturation and some tweaking on it.
Here is in-engine shots:
One of the barrels props. Nothing special, just regular barrel :D
As usual, I made highpoly version, baked it out, then textured. 1400 tris.
Baked from highpoly, textured. 1700 tris.
This column is pretty hard to make. I made it in a week. I enjoed the process and final quality.
That's it for another Asset Update. Stay tuned!